Smart Shopping: Buying and Using Chicken Breasts
No Waste and it Cooks in Minutes!
- At $3 per pound, a standard 2 to 3 ounce serving only costs 50 cents.
- One pound of chicken breast (two half-breast pieces) provides enough protein for six servings.
- Chicken breast absorbs the great flavors of fruit and vegetable sauces.
Cutting Chicken Breast…
Cutlets for six
- Trim visible fat. Make two cuts with a knife so pieces are about the same thickness. Make the first cut across the narrow, thin side of the breast. Make the second cut through lengthwise on the thicker portion.
- Repeat the process for the second half-breast.
- For stir-fry. Slice each cutlet across into ½ inch strips.
Adapted from Eating Well For Less
*Now that you have a perfectly sliced chicken breast, try it with our Stir-Fry Vegetables recipe!