Serving size: 2 patties | Number of Servings: 6
- • 1 pound ground beef or turkey, 7% fat (93% lean)
- • 2 spinach bunches, washed and cut into pieces (may substitute 1 pound bag of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and well drained)
- • 1/2 finely chopped onion
- • 2 minced garlic cloves
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • Black pepper to taste
- • 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat frying pan (no oil).
- Combine all ingredients except brown rice in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Form mixture into 12 small balls. Place in frying pan and flatten into patties using a spatula.
- Cook over medium heat until cooked on both sides.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Adapted from the USDA’s Food Stamp Nutrition Connection