Meatballs Around the World
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 45 minutes | Makes: 6 servings
- In large bowl, place meatball ingredients (except oil). Mix well. Shape into balls (about 2 Tablespoons each).
- In skillet on medium-high heat, add 2 Tablespoons oil and brown meatballs on all sides. Remove from skillet.
- Pour off all but 2 Tablespoons fat. Add dry sauce ingredients or cut vegetables. Stir for 1 – 2 minutes. Add liquid ingredients. Cook until mixture bubbles.
- Add meatballs to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15–30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165° F. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Serve with whole grain pasta or brown rice.
Adapted from the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.