Beef and Noodles
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Number of Servings: 5
- • 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- • 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- • 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 2 cups water
- • 2 packages Oriental Flavor instant ramen-style noodles, broken into small pieces
- • 16 ounces frozen Asian style vegetables or any other frozen vegetables
- • 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef
and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Add the ginger and garlic to the skillet and cook for 10 seconds. Add water, noodles, and one seasoning packet from the ramen noodle packages (discard other seasoning packet or save for another use). Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables, cooked beef, and green onions, reduce heat to medium, and cook until the mixture returns to a boil. Remove from heat and serve.
Adapted from Oregon State University Extension Service
This recipe is high in Protein and Vitamin C! Click here for the Nutrition Facts. Not sure what to look for? Check out our page on How to Read a Nutrition Label to find out!