• Cut 4-6 slices of bread into 1/2 inch squares.
• Coat 8-inch pan with cooking spray. Add bread.
• Mix 3 cups milk, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon. Pour over bread.
• Bake at 300° F for 60 minutes until mixture is firm and an inserted knife comes out clean.
• Spread grated cheese over a slice of bread and place in a microwave or under a broiler until the cheese is melted.
• Put dry bread into a plastic bag and crush until fine. Use to coat meat, chicken or fish before cooking.
• Add to meatloaf or use to thicken soups.
Adapted from Eating Well For Less