Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Number of Servings: 4
- • 4 cups 1% milk or water
- • 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- • 1 (16-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- • 1/4 cup brown sugar
- • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- • 1/4 teaspoon salt
- • Optional 1/3 cup dried fruit
Food $ense Tip:
To mix things up, try cooking your oats in milk. It will give you a creamier texture.
- In a 2 quart pan, add cold milk or water, oats, pumpkin, salt, spices, and raisins (if desired).
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat; cover, turn heat down to simmer. Cook about 10 minutes. Take off heat and leave in pan for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot. Oatmeal stores well in refrigerator, so it can be made once and eaten as “planned leftovers” for easy work week breakfasts in 2 minutes!
Adapted from Budget Bytes
This recipe is high in Fiber, Protein and Vitamin A! Click here for the Nutrition Facts. Not sure what to look for? Check out our page on How to Read a Nutrition Label to find out!