EatSmart Garden Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Number of Servings: 6
- • Non-stick cooking spray
- • 1 cup chopped green cabbage
- • 2 carrots, sliced
- • 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, undrained
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- • 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- • 1/2 garlic clove, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- • 1 zucchini, chopped
- • 3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, green beans, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Cover, lower heat. Simmer about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Colorado State University ESBA Cookbook