Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Number of Servings: 12
- • 2 cups salsa
- • 1/2 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped
- • 1/2 cup frozen corn
- • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- • 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- • 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- • 12 corn tortillas
- • 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
Food $ense Tip:
For easier rolling, you can:
- Use tortillas made with flour and corn.
- Place tortillas between damp towels when warming in microwave oven.
- Heat oven to 425º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup salsa, chicken, corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stove top or in the microwave oven.
- Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam-side down on a baking sheet. Brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy and lightly browned.
- Place on a plate and serve with remaining salsa.
Adapted from the USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program