Invite your friends over to celebrate the summer Olympics by creating your own sports events and games.
Here are some idea for games to play. You could go as far as performing an opening ceremony and awards to recreate the Olympics.
- Throw the bean bag or sock (push a tennis ball into the toe of a sock and tie the other end) – have competitions to see who can throw it the furthest. Of course you could throw practically anything
- Running races or all sorts, including distance races, three-legged races, egg and spoon races, sack races and relay races!
- Obstacle course
- Discus using Frisbee
- Tug of war
- High jump and/or long jump
- Swimming races, if you are lucky enough to have access to a swimming pool
- You could also hold table tennis, badminton and tennis tournaments if you have the equipment
- Tumbling or gymnastics. Kids can get really creative by coming up with new moves.
Have fun this summer and stay active.